General Liability insurance can protect you from allegations that your business caused bodily injury or property damage to a third party. Such claims are not uncommon and can result in costly out-of-pocket expenses. This is also one of the most common coverages that is also required most often in client contracts and various regulatory and licensing boards.
What Is General Liability Insurance?
General Liability insurance, specifically Commercial General Liability insurance, is a type of business insurance that can protect your business from claims arising from everyday business operations. Although can protect your business from financial hardship and bankruptcy, making it an essential part and one of the first steps of a successful risk management program.
What Does General Liability Insurance Cover?
Commercial General Liability insurance can cover costs associated with allegations that your business caused harm to a third-party. Most Commercial General Liability policies will include the following coverages:
- Property Damage—May provide coverage for costs associated with third-party property damage your business causes during its normal business operations. |
- Bodily Injury—May provide coverage for associated costs (e.g., lost wages, medical bills) if your business is found liable for causing bodily injury to a third-party
- Medical payments—May provide coverage for medical bills for non-employees (e.g., Customers, Clients) who are injured on your business premises or as a result of your business operations without the determination of liability. Personal and advertising injury—May provide coverage for expenses (e.g., defense costs, settlements) if your business is accused of publishing false or misleading statements, using copyrighted advertising ideas or causing personal injury (e.g., libel, defamation, slander).
- Completed Operations—May provide coverage for third-party property damages resulting from your Business’ Completed Operations.
Contact Bone Robertson & McBride, Inc. to learn more about the various industries we are able to secure General Liability coverage for.
How Much Does General Liability Insurance Cost?
Every business faces unique risks that can affect their specific insurance rates.
When determining General Liability insurance premiums, insurance companies will look at many factors, including but limited to the following:
- Description of Business Operations
- Number of Employees
- Claims history
- Business Experience
- Size and Condition of Business Premises
Contact Bone Robertson & McBride, Inc. to obtain a General Liability insurance quote.
Getting General Liability Coverage
Since 1973, we’ve made it our business to provide a high standard of service and obtain quality business insurance for our customers.
Contact Bone Robertson & McBride, Inc to see how we may help your company with your Commercial Insurance needs.
This blog is intended for informational and educational use only. It is not exhaustive and should not be construed as legal advice. Please contact your insurance professional for further information.