Security Guards Insurance
Insurance for the Security Guard Industry
The security guard industry is inherently risky. While your primary role is to safeguard properties, assets or individuals, you are also responsible for protecting your business and employees.
At Bone Robertson & McBride, Inc., we understand your work's specific challenges and liabilities. Our staff has a century's worth of insurance knowledge and experience. We offer specialized security guard insurance—designed to be as robust as your services.
What Is Security Guard Insurance?
Security guard insurance is a specialized business insurance tailored to the unique needs and risks of security guard companies, individual security contractors and private security firms. Unlike general business insurance, this specialized coverage considers the high-risk nature of your profession to provide comprehensive protection against the various vulnerabilities you could encounter.
Why Do You Need Security Guard Insurance?
In a profession where even a small mistake could lead to significant consequences, robust insurance is not just an optional safety net but a necessity.
Most states mandate security guard companies to carry specific types of insurance to operate legally.
Many clients require proof of comprehensive insurance coverage before contracting with a security guard service.
The nature of the security business often involves physical intervention, property oversight, and even engagement with potentially dangerous situations. Adequate insurance protects you from the high costs of legal claims, medical expenses or property damages.
Security guard work can be hazardous. Insurance can help protect your business and offer essential coverage for employees exposed to risk while on duty.
What Is Covered by Security Guard Insurance?
Security guard insurance may provide the following coverage:
- General liability may help protect against third-party claims for bodily injury, property damage and associated legal costs up to the policy's maximum.
- Professional liability (errors & omissions) may help protect against claims made for negligent actions or failure to perform professional duties. This is crucial given that security guard work often involves high-pressure decision-making.
- Workers' compensation may help cover medical expenses and lost wages if an employee is injured while on duty. This coverage may be required by state law.
- Commercial auto insurance is necessary if your business uses vehicles. This highly customizable policy can help protect your company's financial stability after an accident.
- Property insurance may help cover damages to your physical assets due to fire, theft or natural disasters.
- Armed guard coverage may help provide liability coverage and can be necessary if your staff carries firearms.
Why Choose Bone Robertson & McBride, Inc.?
We understand that security guard businesses are all different. We customize your coverage to fit your specific needs.
Our experienced advisors have an in-depth understanding of the security industry's complexities and risks. From choosing the right coverage to guidance during claim processes, we're committed to being your steadfast partner.
Secure your business the same way you secure others—meticulously and effectively. Contact Bone Robertson & McBride, Inc. today to discuss your security guard insurance options and ensure your business's shield is as strong as the security you offer. Contact us today to get started.
Think of us for all of your Business Insurance Needs!