Pest Control Insurance
Insurance for the Pest Control, Termite Control & Fumigation Industry
Working as a termite or other pest control service includes many risks and exposures that must be accounted for to limit the consequences of potential incidents. Even the most experienced and diligent professionals may eventually misjudge a situation or otherwise make an error, and the resulting financial consequences could have dire ramifications for your company’s finances and future.
With this in mind, Bone Robertson & McBride Inc. emerges as a valuable partner to help insure your business’s financial interests and protect its prospects.
What Is Pest Control Insurance?
Your company should first understand that pest control insurance may not refer to a single product or policy. Rather, pest control insurance often entails a collection of several coverages that, once assembled, can ensure your business has access to potentially critical financial assistance in response to incidents that might otherwise incur catastrophic out-of-pocket losses.
What Does Pest Control Insurance Cover?
A pest control insurance portfolio may have various capabilities and limitations depending on the coverages and endorsements you choose to include. Generally, pest control enterprises should prioritize insurance capable of securing their finances from the consequences of liability for other parties’ losses, property damage and business interruption.
What Types of Insurance Do Exterminators and Pest Control Businesses Need?
There are several types of insurance that may prove to be valuable investments for your business. Although exact coverage needs may vary, your pest control insurance portfolio should likely at least include the following:
- General liability insurance—This component of your loss control measures can help pay for third-party losses caused by your business’s operations, such as bodily injuries and property damage.
- Commercial property insurance—This type of coverage, also known as business property insurance, can financially protect your company’s physical assets, including structures, equipment, electronics, tools and inventory.
- Errors and omissions insurance—This coverage, also known as professional liability insurance, may provide financial assistance if a client or customer sues your business and accuses you of making professional errors, offering inaccurate advice or otherwise providing inadequate services.
- Workers’ compensation insurance—This type of insurance may limit financial losses following employees’ work-related injuries or illnesses, including helping to pay for resulting medical bills, replacing lost wages and paying for assisting with your business’s legal costs.
- Business interruption insurance—Also known as business income insurance, this component of your portfolio may help you recoup losses arising from a disruption of your normal operations, including assistance with rent, loan payments, payroll and recouping lost revenue.
- Commercial auto insurance—If your business uses motor vehicles for commercial purposes, this coverage can help financially protect you from accidents on the road and other damages.
- Employment practices liability insurance—This coverage can help your company pay for legal expenses and financial losses if a current, former or prospective employee accuses you of improper workplace practices, such as discrimination, harassment or wrongful termination.
- Cyber liability insurance—If your company is involved in a data breach or other cyber incident, this coverage can help pay for resulting losses and expenses.
Commercial umbrella insurance—This type of insurance can offer a secondary layer of liability coverage, providing additional financial assistance if the limits of other policies, such as general liability and workers’ compensation.
Get the Right Coverage
With a history of service dating back to 1973, Bone Robertson & McBride Inc. is well-equipped to help your business assess and address its insurance needs. Our agents work with many A.M. Best’s “A” rated insurers and will draw on their extensive knowledge and experience to ensure your company’s finances and future are protected by optimal coverage. Visit our website
or call 800-510-1095 for a personalized quote or to learn more.